Menu ENN Search
Language: English Français

SCUK and ENN seeking 3 project officers for SFP Minimum Reporting Package project

This question was posted the Announcements & Nutritionists needed forum area and has 0 replies. You can also reply via email – be sure to leave the subject unchanged.

This question has been closed, so you cannot submit a new reply. Recommended answers have been marked with a star.

Victoria Sibson

independent nutritionist

Normal user

10 May 2011, 17:56

SCUK and ENN are looking to recruit up to three Project Officers for an ECHO funded project to roll out a Minimum Reporting Package for the treatment of MAM. The MRP is the product of a multi-agency initiative to standardise reporting for emergency supplementary feeding programmes. The initiative was coordinated and managed by ENN and SC UK. Advisory Group agencies that worked on the development of the package were; CDC, World Vision, Save the Children UK, NICS, FANTA, IRC, WFP, Nutrition Cluster, UNHCR, Concern Worldwide and Valid International. Details of the package can be found on the ENN website (www.ennonline.net) The three individuals recruited to this project will work collaboratively to implement a number of activities; i) Launching and publicising the MRP guidelines and software ii) Conducting a number of training of trainers for INGO, UN agency and MoH staff iii) Setting up a technical support desk for those agencies implementing the MRP iv) Analysing reports and data sent by agencies utilising the MRP and providing real-time feedback to support decision-making amongst implementing agencies v) Working with an epidemiologist on a meta-analysis of all data submitted by implementing agencies Applicants for these positions should possess post-graduate or equivalent degrees in nutrition or health sciences. They should also have experience of working in supplementary feeding programmes in developing countries and have excellent computer skills. Two of the posts will be full-time on the project for 18 months from mid/late summer. The third post will be full time for 18 months from mid late summer also, with 60% time spent on the project and the remaining 40% time spent working for SC UK, focusing on providing technical support to CMAM programmes (including proposal review, remote and in country technical advice, trainings and evaluations) and leading in shaping our strategic work in this field. The project proposal is currently being submitted to ECHO with a decision expected by mid-June. SC UK and ENN would therefore be interested to hear from prospective candidates before June 14th. Please send CVs and a letter of interest to --- Victoria Sibson (SCUK nutrition adviser) at v.sibson@savethechildren.org.uk and Jeremy Shoham (Director, ENN) at jshoham@easynet.co.uk

Back to top